BEFORE YOU SUBMIT ANYTHING TO US, PLEASE READ. SUBMITTING INFO TO US, MEANS YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!
So, you have an event/gig you want to post here?
WOOHOO! GREAT! You are a musician and should be out there! And
WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
WE GOT RULES!(sorry)
Now, hold on, it’s not the end of the world (although we do have a clause that covers that)
BEFORE YOU SEND US ANYTHING, MAKE ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY, POSITIVELY, 110% SURE THE STUFF YOU SEND US IS YOURS, OR YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS TO GIVE IT TO US TO USE!
Sounds really simple, right? Well, it’s not. See, we’re working on trust here. That means that anything you send us, we’re going to use, because we believe you. We don’t own it, and we don’t want it. But, if somebody comes along and says, “Hey, that’s mine, where did you get it?”, well, we’re going to show them your submission/communication and point them at you.
Rule #2: Pictures/logos/visual media/video, etc:
Yes, we want them! We live in the age of media, we need visual stimulation (not that, gutter-brain), but we do want your pictures videos, posters, EPK’s, etc. Just one thing: SEE RULE #1 ABOVE! (Don’t make me repeat this, no really don’t make me repeat this.) Now, about your pictures: use a readable format. Don’t send obscure attachments we can’t open. We’ll send ’em back. Also don’t send HUGE files. We want to see you, just not from space. Lastly, if the media is copyrighted, let us know, it’s IMPORTANT (you don’t want folks hi-jacking your music, don’t hi-jack someone else’s work, GIVE THE CREDIT WHERE THE CREDIT IS DUE!
Rule #3: Timelines:
This is not a reference to going back to the future (Although, if we could… never mind) but about MARKETING! Remember, we are here to help promote you and your gigs/events. That being said, keep in mind that marketing doesn’t mean going to the store on Saturday. It means the right way to promote you and the right way we can help. So, keep this in mind:
- Give us advance notice! If your event is on Saturday the 14th, and you send us the info on Friday the 13th, well, superstition notwithstanding, it’s a bad idea. Try to send us your stuff at least 2 weeks in advance. (However last minute posts we do try to share on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/etowahvalleymusic). Website gets updated on Mondays, and any new gigs that come to our attention in the same week gets shared out via our Facebook Page. In fact why don’t you invite us via Facebook? Makes it a WHOLE lot easier, and it gives us that warm and fuzzy of being loved.
- DETAILS! Seriously, folks, think like the people you want us to reach. Don’t just tell us you’re playing at “Joe’s Place, in West Meadow” (Apologies to any real “Joe’s Place”, living, dead, or undead), we need to know an address, and if you have it, a phone number for the venue. If everybody knew where you were, you wouldn’t be here.
- If there’s going to be a cover charge, man up and tell everybody! There’s no shame in making money (Say it with me! AMEN!), just people hate surprises. Besides, it’s a detail (note the recurring theme?)
- Cancellations: Hey, stuff happens. But we need to know. If something changes, (venue issues, act of God, or someone releases the Kraken) Tell us, and we’ll tell everybody else.
- Last, but not least, if you want us to cover the event, don’t be afraid to ask! We can do all sorts of stuff for you, just ask us privately, and we’ll give you the details.
Rule #4: Song Submissions
(i.e. reverbnation/soundcloud links, etc- we do not host files)
This one’s pretty simple: KEEP IT ORIGINAL! Yes, you may do a mean version of “Tube Steak Boogie”, but if you don’t own it, we can’t use it. That doesn’t mean we dislike cover bands, heck no, we love ’em! We just can’t post cover music files.
And now the BIG question:
“What happens after I give you my stuff?”
Ready? NOTHING! That’s right, we said nothing. Well, at least nothing bad. It’s your stuff (at least you told us it is), and you get to keep all rights, reserves, copyrights, yada, yada, yada. Just keep in mind, we like to share (i.e. Artist Directory). That means while you get the rights, we sill use it while you give it to us. Now, don’t panic, we’re not gonna sell you out. If you make it big, we just want to be there when you do.
THE FINAL WORD:
Words actually. The legal cheesy stuff we have to stay (but still kind of have fun saying it, you know?), so:
*We at Etowah Valley Music/Etowah Valley Music Project ( aka”the EVMP”) are not responsible for wrong information that is provided to us, in other words: Check your work before you send it(details, remember?), if you give us the wrong information and we post it, and nobody shows up, it’s not our fault.*
EVMP is also not responsible for false submissions leading to issues, drama, zombie apocalypse, or the end of the world as we know it. So again: DON’T LIE!
Lastly, EVMP reserves the right to change, alter, delete or otherwise edit for time or content, any submissions we receive. But trust us, like a bran muffin, it’ll all work out in the end.
The Paperwork Producing Thing in the Closet
REMEMBER: THIS IS A BEST-EFFORT SERVICE- PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THROUGH THIS AND CONTACT US VIA COMMENT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. EVMP DOES NOT OWN PHOTOS/VIDEOS/MUSIC ETC UNLESS SPECIFIED. THANKS ALL!